The fast paced and exciting technology division of Real Matters’ is looking for an innovative, talented Senior Software Engineer to work with our team on our cloud-based technology platform. You will work with a world class technology team and be responsible for the development of web applications using the latest frameworks, to serve our customers with the best possible user experience and empower them to take advantage of our unique services.
You are the kind of person who is seeking a position that is focused, creative, dynamic and bent on finding the best solution to the problem at hand. The successful candidate will function in a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity for career growth, intellectual stimulation, creative problem solving, and the opportunity of working on great stuff.
- Collaborate with internal business units to understand business goals & objectives
- Mentor and build relationships with team members
- Provide task estimates adjusted for complexity schedules and engineer skill levels
- Works with the team to break out stories and assigns to team members
- Defines quality software solutions mindful of performance, scalability and re-usability, in concert with our Enterprise Architect
- Establish best practices and an architectural roadmap, working closely with our Enterprise Architect & Engineering Leads
- Investigate and resolve system issues
- Monitors progress, identifying potential impediments and bottlenecks; steering the course so commitments are met and projects remain on track
- Java and GoLang on the Backend
- ReactJS on the front end
- MySQL and Couchbase as our datastore
- Legacy monolith with JSF
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Experience using Java 8+ or GoLang.
- Experience working with distributed systems and micro services.
- Proficient with RESTful APIs and understanding HTTP request methods and response status codes and when to apply them.
- Solid understanding of good code architecture, design and testing best practices.
- Understand the value of documentation and design then code approach.
- Some development experience with front-end applications is an asset.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Real Matters
Real Matters, one of North America’s fastest-growing and most innovative technology companies, has a proprietary, cloud-based real estate technology platform and network of more than 100,000 qualified independent field agents. The company optimizes the management of critical, regulated real-estate processes such as appraisals, insurance inspections, title search and mortgage closings. Real Matters serves the North American mortgage industry through Solidifi, Linear Title & Closing, and Southwest Financial Services, and the property and casualty insurance industry through iv3CUS. Solidifi is a leading independent provider of residential real estate appraisals to the mortgage market and Linear is a top-five independent provider of title and mortgage closing services in America. The company’s customers include 60 of the top 100 lenders and some of the largest insurance companies in America. Established in 2004, Real Matters has offices in Buffalo (NY), Cincinnati (OH), and Middletown (RI), and Markham (ON).
For more information, visit www.realmatters.com
Key skill Required
- Software Architecture
- Senior Technical Analyst